Dr. Bharat Ravi Iyengar
Postdoctoral Research Associate
- 2017 - 2021 Post-doc: Andreas Wagner Group, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Sciences, University of Zurich
Effect of chaperones on protein evolution.
- 2010 - 2017 Ph.D (Dept. of Chemical Engineering); Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India (2010-2017).
Simulataneouly worked in CSIR - Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (Delhi, India) and CSIR - National
Chemical Laboratory (Pune, India).
Thesis: Experimental and mathematical analysis of miRNA mediated gene regulatory network motifs.
- 2005 - 2009 B.Tech (Biotechnology); Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University), Vellore, India
Thesis: Effect of miRNA-mRNA binding affinity on artificial miRNA mediated gene regulation.
- B.R. Iyengar and E. Bornberg-Bauer, “Neutral Models of De Novo Gene Emergence Suggest that Gene Evolution has a Preferred Trajectory”,
Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 40, no. 4, 2023, msad079
- B.R. Iyengar and A. Wagner, “Bacterial Hsp90 predominantly buffers but does not potentiate the phenotypic effects of deleterious mutations during fluorescent protein evolution”,
Genetics, vol. 222, no. 4, 2022, iyac154
- B.R. Iyengar and A. Wagner, “GroEL/S Overexpression Helps to Purge Deleterious Mutations and Reduce Genetic Diversity during Adaptive Protein Evolution,”
Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 39, no. 6, 2022, msac047
- S. Ramasamy, S. Sharma, B.R. Iyengar, S. K. Vellarikkal, S. Sivasubbu, S. Maiti, and B. Pillai, “Identification of novel
circadian transcripts in the zebrafish retina,”
Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 222, no. 1, 2019
- B.R. Iyengar, B. Pillai, K. V. Venkatesh, and C. Gadgil, “Systematic comparison of the response properties of protein
and RNA mediated gene regulatory motifs.,”
Mol. BioSyst., vol. 13, no. 6, 1235-1245, 2017
- B.R. Iyengar, “Properties of composite feedback-feedforward pulse generating motifs,” bioRxiv, 2016
- B.R. Iyengar, A. Choudhary, M. Sarangdhar, K. Venkatesh, C. Gadgil, and B. Pillai, “Non-coding RNA interact to
regulate neuronal development and function,”
Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 8, p. 47, 2014
- D. Barh, R. Malhotra, B. Ravi, and P. Sindhurani, “MicroRNA let-7: an emerging next-generation cancer therapeutic,”
Current Oncology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 70–80, 2010