General particulars for POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATES ("Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter")
Essential qualifications are:
- PhD in natural sciences and research experience in a biological area OR
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics or bioinformatics with experience and/or desire to excel in a biological area
- Basic skills in statistics and/or programming
- Very good organisation skills and motivation and proven ability to carry out research independently in an international and interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written fluency in English
Candidates are encouraged to develop their own research agenda by supervising students and applying for their own funds but this is not a must.
Ability and willingness to supplement a base-funded or third-party funded open position with an own fellowship are expected for all open positions and will be a selection criterion. Candidates will be given extensive guidance and support in preparing their grant applications.